sábado, 27 de agosto de 2011

REPORTED SPEECH

DIRECT SPEECH
REPORTED SPEECH
·   Simple present
She said, “I study every day”.
“I don’t like pizza”, he said.

·       Simple past
     She said (that) she studied every day.
     He said (that) he didn’t like pizza.
·   Present continuous
   She said, “I’m listening.

·       Past continuous
     She said (that) she was listening.
·   Present perfect
   “I haven’t seen the movie”, he
    said.
·       Past perfect
     He said (that) he hadn’t seen the movie.
·   Simple past
   He said, “I arrived at 7:30”.

·       Past perfect
He said (that) he had arrived at 7:30    
·   Will
   We’ll be there”, they said.

·       Would
     They said (that) they would be there.
·   Can
   They said, “We can come”.

·       Could
     They said (that) they could come.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario